Monday, October 29, 2007

NaBloPoMo

My sister Cristina, the writer, has participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) the past several years, feverishly writing 50,000 word novels during the 30 days of November. I've always found this challenge to be fun and interesting, something that would be kinda neat to try to do except that, other than the cheesy short stories I'd write for my younger sister back in, like, middle school, I don't think I've got much of a knack for novel writing.

Then I heard about NaBloPoMo-- a challenge to write a blog post every day throughout the month of November, a sort of little-sister to NaNoWriMo. It seemed quirky, and cute, and fun. I forgot about it until reading about it again this morning on Charming, But Single's blog. And so, this year, I signed up. Which in a way is kinda silly since I already post on a pretty regular daily basis. But, what the heck. Perhaps this way I'll discover even more blogs to take up my time. ; ) On a serious note, I've actually started meeting some great people through blogging and making connections, and that's a pretty darn cool thing.

-------------

On to other news... I once again skipped the French conversation session I've been meaning to try out, in lieu of resting at home today. After a long day out yesterday, I woke up this morning and my body just felt... tired... and worn out. I figure I'll listen to it (pregnancy is about the only time you get to use the "I feel kinda tired" excuse to really take it easy-- I mean, it's not about me, right? Gotta take care of the baby!). Though I was also thinking of doing a good bit of laundry, and maybe even starting to wash some of Loki's bigger clothes (6month+) and putting them away somewhere so they don't take up as much room in the closet.

I did my weekly weigh-in yesterday morning, and I'm up to 20lbs. Looking at my chart, starting at about 15wks I've been steadily gaining an average of 2lbs per week. That's kind of a lot. Part of me's worried about it-- I still have another 15-ish weeks to go, and at this rate I'm setting myself up for gaining 40-50lbs by February. That was not really part of the plan. But then again, most of the weight seems to be baby-related (I haven't noticed a significant change in other parts of my body), and I'm being pretty conscious about eating a good diet every day. Yes, I have ice cream and chocolate here and there, but not anything I'd consider large amounts. So I don't know... I'll probably keep doing basically what I've been doing, maybe try to go on walks with Zach a bit more often, but more than anything trying to concentrate on being healthy rather than numbers on a scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...